CRIME REPORT: Suspects accused of stealing golf clubs last seen wearing red and blue hats

CRIME REPORT: Suspects accused of stealing golf clubs last seen wearing red and blue hats


Police suspect that someone stole golf clubs from two separate stores hours apart on Thursday afternoon.

According to the Brentwood Police Department’s weekly crime analysis, one of the suspected shoplifters was wearing a blue hat. A few hours later, police suspect that someone in a red hat took more golf clubs from a different store.

Police also reported seven thefts from vehicles over the last week. These types of thefts often occur in public areas such as parks or gym parking lots. All of those thefts this week were in residential areas, and most of the cars were unlocked. One car was in an open garage.

A a recent informational meeting for City Commissioners, Police Chief Jeff Hughes discussed installing license plate readers at city parks to deter theft from vehicles. Those readers would only be in public places, and likely wouldn’t have helped in this situation.

The city commission will still have to vote on the proposal before cameras are installed.

The security company Flock reported that the Home Owners Association one subdivision in Brentwood has already purchased license plate readers. The company wouldn’t say which subdivision had installed the readers.

Metro Nashville Police recovered a vehicle stolen from Brentwood last week. The vehicle was stolen sometime between September 27 and October 6. Metro police recovered the vehicle on October 9. The car was taken from the driveway with the key still inside.

Over the last week there were no business or residential burglaries. There were no reports of vandalism or robbery.

On Sunday, Brentwood Police found the body of a teenager behind a home in Brentwood. Police are still investigating what happened. Brentwood police didn’t file any criminal charges related to the incident. 

An autopsy has already been performed, but police haven’t revealed a cause of death. Assistant Police Chief Tommy Walsh said in an email that it could take several weeks before the police department sees a toxicology report to explain the death.

About The Author

Related posts