Everyone wants to be able to keep up a happy, healthy lifestyle, but it’s not as easy as it often sounds. Maybe you’ve been wanting to lose weight, or start your own business, or learn the guitar, and you start off strong working towards your goal, but then the excitement fades. What might be keeping you from reaching your full potential? It’s probably a lack of consistency.
The power of consistency is profound and underrated. Once you’re able to learn how and be comfortable with changing your behavior, anything is possible. Doing the little things repeatedly will help you accomplish those big life goals you’ve always been wanting to achieve.
Consistency is a must if you’re looking for success in health, business, love, life. Here’s why:
- Consistency allows you to measure success. Until you’ve had the chance to try something consistently over a period of time, you won’t know if it works or not. If you’re wanting to learn to play the guitar, you won’t know if you’re the next Jimi Hendrix unless you practice consistently, every day, for a consistent amount of time. It takes time and practice to develop these skills. Consistency can help you overcome any lack in natural talent and allow you to focus on the process instead of the end goal.
- Consistency helps to hold you accountable. If you’re meeting your trainer consistently three times a week and you start to slack off, you better believe he or she will call you out! Being held accountable is so important when it comes to accomplishing a larger goal. If you can’t follow through with the small steps, one day at a time, you won’t be able to reach the finish line!
- Being consistent establishes your reputation and being inconsistent can damage it. Your family, friends and colleagues need you to be consistent. No one wants to deal with someone that regularly agrees to do something, and then backs out at the last minute. If you want to be successful, it is important that you are someone that can be depended on. There will come a time when you need that from the people in your life as well.
- Inconsistency creates insecurity. Many talented individuals never live up to their full potential because they often start many projects and fail to finish them. It’s important to keep going, even if you fail sometimes. Being able to see all your hard work come to fruition is motivation for the next big goal ahead of you!
- Consistency helps to create momentum. Remember, you achieve success by consistently doing little things that help you towards accomplishing your larger goals. These little things eventually become habit. Keep moving forward a little day by day and you’ll gather the momentum you need to achieve your goals.
- Consistency creates habits and in turn, can change your identity for the better. You used to have to write down when you had to go into the gym. You didn’t like it at first, but you kept each training session with your trainer and before you knew it, you’re seeing results and having fun. Now, instead of having to be reminded to go to the gym by your Google calendar, you can’t wait to get there! Being active and working out is now something you look forward to every day!
Many of us tend to compare ourselves to others on a regular basis. We login to social media and see those that we look up to doing well, every day. It’s important to remember that they too have days that are less productive than others, and that’s ok. But, if you concentrate on making the small daily changes habitual, you’ll allow yourself to get closer and closer to accomplishing that big achievement you’ve always had your eye on!
Elements of Health is sponsored by Elements Massage. The Franklin studio is located at 539 Cool Springs Boulevard, Suite 140 Franklin, Tennessee 37067. The Brentwood studio is located at 782 Old Hickory Boulevard, Suite 113 Brentwood, TN 37027. You can contact the Franklin studio at (615) 771-0003 or visit their website here. Visit the Brentwood website here or call (615) 730- 6806.