By LANDON WOODROOF
Brentwood Home Page has a segment where local reporter, Landon Woodroof, discusses the last week’s headlines and upcoming news via Facebook Live.
We hope to hear from you while we are online. We encourage you to ask questions about the issues we are discussing and let us know what you want us to investigate.
If you can’t tune in while we are live, be sure to check it out later on our Facebook page. With the weekly Facebook Live, Home Page Media Group is aiming to give you the news in an interesting and accessible new format.
As a preview, this is a roundup of headlines you will hear about.
LAST WEEK’S HEADLINES
- Dolphin Tennis Club: The Planning Commission approved a site plan for the Dolphin Tennis Club, which will be built on the old Dolphin Club site at Wilson Pike and Old Smyrna Road.
- Farmland Cafe: The former Dimples Deli has a new name and new owners.
- Elliston Place Soda Shop: The iconic Nashville restaurant is expanding to Cool Springs, taking over the space that was vacated by the Puffy Muffin last year.
- Short-term rentals: We will check in again to see if the state legislature takes up a bill that would stop municipalities like Brentwood from being able to ban short-term rentals.
- Senior living facility: On Monday night, the City Commission will consider on first reading a rezoning ordinance that would clear the way for a new senior living facility to be constructed at the corner of Wilson Pike and Moores Lane. The commission will also look at an ordinance that would allow Williamson County Schools to sell back a portion of the land it bought on Split Log Road last year for new schools. WCS has decided it does not need 12.78 acres of the land.