Citizens for Brentwood Green Space’s 5th annual A Walk in the Park fundraising event is slated for Sept. 15 from 2-6 p.m. at Marcella Vivrette Smith Park, according to a press release.
The event will include music, a vintage baseball game and several activities for kids like face painting and miniature train rides.
The family-oriented event helps raise money for the maintenance and upkeep of Smith Park, the largest park in the city limits of Brentwood. Though the event is free, donations can be made through the group’s website and will also be accepted on the day of the event.
“We are excited about hosting our 5th annual event as a tribute to the City of Brentwood’s 50th Anniversary. The support from the Brentwood community is always positive,” Gil Hutchinson, president of Brentwood Green Space, said in a release. “Once again, we’ll have several area food trucks on site and our featured musical talent is a collection of area musicians and songwriters who will be performing their hits. It should be a fun atmosphere for the whole family.”
Since its inception in 2015, A Walk in the Park has donated approximately $44,000 to the City of Brentwood, according to the release.
More from the release:
Citizens for Brentwood Green Space, Inc. is a volunteer citizens group organized in 2004 as a non-profit (501c3) corporation. The mission of the organization is to preserve open space in Brentwood in the form of parks, trails, historic sites, and flood plains while being sensitive to the rights of landowners and developers. According to Hutchinson, all net proceeds from the event will go towards new amenities and improvements at Marcella Vivrette Smith Park.
Other “A Walk in the Park” event facts for 2019 include:
- Event will be Sunday, September 15th from 2 pm to 6 pm at Smith Park in Brentwood.
- Advance free registration for individuals, clubs, organizations, companies, groups is welcome and encouraged by going to walk.brentwoodgreenspace.org.
- Free Concert from 4 pm to 6 pm will feature “Musicians and Songwriters In Our Backyard”, a collection of local country, rock, and jazz musicians/writers, and local studio musicians performing a variety of great music.
- Kid’s activities will include miniature train rides, face painting, balloon art, and a magic show.
- Food Trucks will include Blue Monkey Shaved Ice, Bradley’s Creamery, Red’s 615 Kitchen (Hot Chicken) & Roadhouse Grille BBQ. Refreshments will be provided by Jackalope Beer.
- The Tennessee Peanut Co. will be serving a variety of boiled peanuts.
- Luxury automobile display will be by Andrews Transportation Group, Brentwood, featuring new models from Cadillac, Jaguar and Range Rover.
- Brentwood 50th Anniversary T-shirts will be available for $20 (regular) and $30 (baseball style).
- Enjoy a Vintage Baseball Game.
For the fifth consecutive year H. G Hill Realty Company is the title sponsor for A Walk in the Park. In 2017, H.G. Hill Realty Company opened Hill Center Brentwood on Franklin Road. The mixed-use center features over 20 tenants including LBMC, First Tennessee Bank, Merrill Lynch and restaurants such as Uncle Julio’s, Holler and Dash, Nama Sushi and Del Frisco’s Grille. “We are pleased to continue our support for A Walk in the Park and applaud the Citizens for Brentwood Green Space for their efforts to enhance the area’s extensive park system,” said Jimmy Granbery, chairman and CEO of H.G. Hill Realty Company. “It’s efforts like these that continue to contribute to the quality of life enjoyed by those who live and work in the Brentwood community.”
According to Hutchinson, Andrews Transportation Group, a Gold level sponsor, will display six luxury cars from Cadillac, Jaguar and Range Rover on the day of the event. Other sponsors for 2019 include CapStar Bank, CityPark Brentwood (a Boyle Development), Enterprise Holdings, First Citizens National Bank, Grove Park Construction, Highwoods Properties, The Mick Foundation, and UnitedHealthcare. Local media partners are Brentwood Home Page, Williamson Herald, YOUR Williamson Magazine, and WAKM-AM radio. The event also features promotional sponsors Jackalope Brewing and Puffy Muffin Dessert Bakery and Restaurant.
“We are thrilled with the commitment we have received from the local business and media community,” added Hutchinson. “We are honored to have the continued commitment of so many of Brentwood’s top companies.”
At 400 acres, Smith Park is Brentwood’s largest park and the “crown jewel” in Brentwood’s Park system. It has been conservatively estimated that over 300,000 adults and youth will participate in activities and events held at the park each year. Population within 5 miles of the park is 75,972.
“A Walk in the Park, which is hosted annually by Citizens for Brentwood Green Space, is a great opportunity for local Brentwood businesses and residents to join together in support of their efforts to preserve green space and enhance Smith Park,” said Rhea Little, Mayor of Brentwood. “We want to encourage everyone to participate in this exciting event on September 15 and help raise funds for this important purpose.”