By ROBIN CRAIG
The holidays are here! This time of year should be a festive and celebratory season filled with joy, happiness, and special gatherings that allow you to spend quality time with your family and friends. However, the holidays can easily become a stressful and overwhelming ordeal. Here are a few helpful tips to ensure your holiday season is a merry one!
- Decorations: Scale back on the grand holiday décor and opt for simple yet equally elegant Christmas decorations this year. Don’t be tempted to pull out a ladder to decorate, especially if you are home alone; invite a friend or family member over to join you. Remember to keep any extension cords or decorations out of the walkway to prevent any potential tripping hazards. If you haven’t already, cut your decorating time in half and invest in a fully-lit artificial Christmas tree that you can reuse year after year. Switch out your candles for everlasting battery-operated ones.
- Weather: As you make your way out for a holiday party or shopping excursion, be aware of the icy or wet walkways that you might come across. Make sure to bundle up in the proper attire and footwear.
- Make Healthy Choices: One of the most enjoyable parts of the holiday season is indulging in all the delicious meals and endless sweet treats. Treat yourself, but make sure to keep portion control in mind. Estimate a serving size, add vegetables and salad to your plate, and limit your desert intake.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water this holiday season. Lack of hydration will leave you feeling drained and fatigued. Toss a water bottle into your purse or bag when running errands. If you enjoy holiday cocktails, be sure to enjoy them in moderation.
- Take Time for Yourself: In between the shopping trips, cooking, and social gatherings, make sure to carve out some time for yourself. Relax, take a nap, curl up on the sofa and read a book, or watch a Christmas classic while sipping on some hot coco. Amid all the ongoing celebrations, it is important to dial things back for a moment and unwind.
From all of us at Avenida Cool Spring, we wish you and your family a safe and happy holiday season!
About Avenida Cool Springs
Robin Craig is the Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Avenida Partners, which is building a fresh, new enriched, active 55+ lifestyle community at the former WAKM radio station site on Mallory Station Road. Avenida Cool Springs will offer 142 gracious apartment homes ready for move-in in February 2019, boasting more than 12,000 square feet of resort inspired amenity space to fulfill the diverse and expanding preferences of mature Middle Tennesseans. For more information about Avenida Cool Springs or to inquire about securing your apartment home, visit our onsite sales center today at 222 Mallory Station Road, view our website at www.avenidacoolsprings.com or call us at 615-599-3000.