With the stockings off the hearth and the Christmas trees headed back to the garage, it’s time we settle back in with our regular schedule of high school hoops around the county.
Here’s the slate of games you can look forward to catching over the next few days.
- Grace Christian Academy couldn’t get going last week with the storms in the air, but both teams return to action against Hickman County. The girls tip off at 6:00 p.m., the boys at 7:30 p.m. The Lady Lions are having a great year so far, and the Lions are worth the price of admission alone to follow Mason McKnatt’s monstrous junior campaign.
- Battle Ground Academy will host the Webb School for a dual district bout.
- The Franklin basketball teams will get a good 2019 test from district foes Summit. Can the Spartans upset the red-hot Rebels and the county’s surest shot, Reese Glover? Can the Lady Rebels defend home court against the Lady Spartans?
- Page is set to host two games against Ravenwood, with the marquee event here Faith Wilken and the Lady Patriots squaring off against Jaz Harmon and the Lady Raptors. This one will have major district ramifications.
- Centennial will make the trip to district rivals Spring Hill to start 2019 play. The Cougars are in firm contention for the 11-AAA crown.
- Brentwood Academy will take on crosstown foe Pope John Paul II in a double-header. BA’s Randy Brady should be back from his tournament absence last weekend due to flu-like symptoms, a major boost for the Eagles.
- Independence will head out to Dickson County, one of District 11-AAA’s toughest outs.
- Franklin Road Academy will join BGA in taking on Webb in a double district bill.
- Nolensville will hope to ring in 2019 the right way with a double-bill with Stewarts Creek at home.
- The Christ Presbyterian Academy Lady Lions will take on Providence Christian on the road at 4:30 p.m.
- BGA will continue its two-day stretch, with the Lady Wildcats headed to Forrest and the Wildcats to Knowledge Academies.
Be sure to check back with the Home Page to see coverage from the action. Photo by Deb Scally.