TENNESSEE MORTGAGE BANKERS ASSOCIATION
The Tennessee Mortgage Bankers Association (TNMBA) will provide up to $4,500 in college scholarships for 2019, according to Retta Gardner, President of TNMBA.
“These scholarships are intended to support the recipients and help provide for the future of the mortgage banking profession in Tennessee,” said Gardner. “The students who receive these scholarships will be studying courses related to our profession and developing the insights and skills needed for a successful career. The TNMBA is committed to education and professional development at the college and university level, as well as for those who are already involved in the profession through our various certification programs”
According to Gardner, the qualifications for scholarship applicants include:
- Current Tennessee Residency.
- Junior, senior or MBA status in a four-year accredited college/university or Master’s program in Tennessee.
- Demonstrate course interest and direction related to the mortgage and financing profession (business, finance, economics, real estate, banking, etc.).
- Demonstrate a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. (Provide most recent transcript).
- Providing 3 references.
- Completing the scholarship application so that it is in the hands of the TNMBA Scholarship Team for review by February 28, 2019.
The scholarship application form is available on the– – or from Karley Bond at . She can also be reached at 731/616-5350 for questions.
“The TNMBA scholarship program has already provided valuable support to college and university students interested in a career in our profession,” said Gardner. “It is a privilege to be able to provide this support them at a time when financial resources are needed. We look forward to continuing this initiative and building and even stronger future for our profession as these students develop their careers in the future, here in Tennessee.”
About Tennessee Mortgage Bankers Association
TNMBA, founded in 1960, was organized to promote ethical, efficient, and professional business practices in mortgage financing, benefiting businesses and individuals seeking mortgage loans. It is an affiliate of the nationaland includes five active chapters in Tennessee, located in Memphis, Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville and Tri-Cities.